Thursday 10 January 2008

Friday.


This is a photo of son in law Mikey and myself (the blogger) taken early last autumn when the blogger was allowed to try granddaughter Lucy's scooter. Sturdy little steed it was too. I was a little out of practice at scooting but put it through its paces and thoroughly enjoyed it too. Today was open house at the Deanery so we dropped by mid morning and enjoyed a cuppa and biccies (actually they were rather grand biscuits - left over from Christmas I should think- and very good they were). Talked to Hilary, Edna, et al. Also introduced to two new young people - of Indian origin- they have a young daughter who is at home in Indian being cared for by her grandmother. Must be very hard on the youngsters - economic conditions at home make it a necessity I suppose, but it seems unnatural, and as I say must be very hard on them the parents. This afternoon two friends popped over to pick up a sword cane I've been repairing for David. It was a quick easy job (making a silver band over the join) so I couldn't charge for it, but as David had bought us a brace of freshly shot partridges and a frozen rainbow trout I was very glad to call it square. They stayed for a while and had a pot of tea, etc., with us. It was good to see them. While I was trying to remember how long to hang partridges in a mild January, Ann had been busy plucking and drawing them, bless her. Think we'll probably have them on Sunday. Got to go and put a third coat of garnet polish on a gunstock. Goodnight all.
P.s. See NEA, I can still put pictures on the blog, so ner diddy Ner Ner. Much love, your venerable Pa.
Posted by Picasa