Saturday 12 January 2008

Saturday.


Photo (included of course to reassure doubting daughter that I can still put pictures on blog) of shelf in kitchen, laden with mostly pottery, majority of which is staffordshire made, slightly damaged, and of very little value, which just goes to show something or other (e.g. it doesn't have to be valuable to be attractive, or how enjoyable collecting in a leisurely way can be). This sort of thing has given us a lot of pleasure over the years. Today :- It has been a lovely bright mild January day. So much so that Ann suggested a bike ride. After breakfast we got the bikes out and rode, eventually to Layham Church, which we pottered round, then home. I must admit to being rather out of condition, but it was lovely to be out in the sunshine. After lunch to scrabble club, played our usual three games (Hilary, Doris, and I this week). First game Hilary started by putting down a seven letter word. During the game I put down TWO seven letter words. To keep it short:- I won the first two games and Doris the third, but all three were good, close fought, (not to say vicious) games. Thoroughly enjoyed by all of us. Halfway through our first game a scream from the table next to us caused us to wander across to see what the excitement was about. Barbara had put down a seven letter word across two double word scores and had got herself 106 points - a personal best. A lovely afternoon. When I got home Ann was still at the optician's (being a guinea pig again), so I made myself a cuppa and sat down to the Telegraph prize crossword. Took me forty minutes. One good clue - well it made me chuckle :- 'Estimate value of female donkey' - six letters. The answer, of course, was:- 'assess'. Soppy, what ? From 'noises off' I deduce that supper will shortly be anounced so will close. Goddnight all.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: