Saturday 12 January 2008

Still Saturday.

Must just reopen this blog to say that when I got upstairs to supper Ann had roasted the partridges we were given yesterday, knocked up a delicious sauce, and vegetables (including crispy roast parsnips and fried mushrooms and leeks. The dentist had given her a bottle of French vin de pays rosee, which we had with our supper. Ann said it was the best roast game she could remember having, and I have to agree. Perhaps I do tend to hang game rather too long. These were only shot two days ago and were quite delicious. As we both picked the carcasses Henry VIII fashion I shall now have to go and wash my whiskers. I should add that Ann had made for pudding plum cobbler and custard, but we were both so replete we plan to eat this cold tomorrow. God bless you and may you all have had as good a supper.

2 comments:

Nea said...

No sorry, I got into trouble from my eldest for not telling a white lie about the dinner that the children had prepared with their father. I am sorry, but I don't want to have to eat it again or have a second helping so I told them the truth. It was horrible. I know, I am ungrateful, but the children didn't eat it either. Fortunately their father ate, and has finally finished it off this evening, a very greasy pork curry.
I made the dinner today, salmon and there are no leftovers.

Unknown said...

Well, I think I would have liked greasy pork curry, so I'm sorry I wasn't invited. By the way it wasn't the dentist, it was the optician. Last night we were awake at 2a.m. and Ann asked me if I fancied a midnight feast. "Cobblers, I replied", and that's what we had, cold plum cobbler, sitting up in bed, with horlicks and hot milk respectively. Second childhood ????