Thursday 3 January 2008


This is both Swedish granddaughters being themselves. As you can see I am still practising putting illustrations to my blog. At breakfast this morning took lots of photoes to practice with. These are the ones worth looking at. Walked into town this morning. Went to bank, did some shopping, wished a happy new year to a good many friends and aquaintances met in town. Ann's older brother Mick, and his wife Erica drove over and had lunch with us. They had realised yesterday that the Swedish contingent go home tomorrow, which only left today to come and see them. One of the things Ruth always likes to do when she comes home is to have fish and chips, so she and Ann drove into town and bought us each a portion of fish each, a mountain of chips, and a lake of mushy peas. I opened a bottle of Piesporter I'd shoved in the fridge earlier, and a good lunch was enjoyed by all. As snow had been forecast for today (and looked likely) Mick and Erica headed for home about three. We had all enjoyed their visit, as I hope had they. Actually Gran 'phoned later to say that Mick had just 'phoned her and told her how much they had enjoyed themselves with us. After they'd gone I got stuck into making the alarm weight and counter weight for a lantern timepiece alarm I'm restoring. Work (which I'd been rather dreading went well - usually the case). I'm afraid that after tomorrow life will be rather quieter for a while. Oh well ! Goodnight all.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: