Sunday 13 April 2008

Sunday.


This is a snapshot of part of our very small garden. It is just begining to assume the shape and appearance we want it to have. Yesterday evening we went to a concert in St. Mary's by the Community Light Orchestra. Very good and varied concert. The final piece in the first half of the concert was Elgar's Pomp and Circumstance March no. 1. The conductor told us that, as Sir Edward Elgar was a keen cyclist and he knows of a statue of the composer with a bicycle, he always thinks of it as the pump and cycle clips March. When the orchestra got to the 'Land of hope and Glory' bit of course we all sang along very lustily. It bothered me slightly that the great majority of the orchestra were elderly (or to be honest - old). I don't think there were any young people in the orchestra. I found myself thinking that at this rate in thirty years time there won't be any good amateur music to be heard. On the other hand, I don't suppose that in thirty years time I shall be too bothered about that. Family Service this morning. A new family attended - father, mother, and charming four year old daughter, who, I was informed is, called Lucrecia !!!!!!! Find that I can't quite believe this, and that, anyway, it doesn't matter as she is known as Louie. I think I must have misheard this, and will make further enquiries (mem- diplomatic ones, of course). Deafness can make life very interesting at times. When we got home met people we know slightly, and as he knows about computers asked them in to consult him about problems that my computer had manifested last night. He put it through its paces, and problem continued to plague us (and computor). Announced himself baffled - said he'd not come across anything like it, felt sure that fault was in keyboard, and it would probably mean a new one. After they'd left I found that problem had vanished and computer had returned to full duties in proper frame of mind. Very perverse behaviour on part of computer, but I emailed would-be helper to congratulate him on unexpected success of his ministrations. Quick shower and bed, I think. Goodnight all.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: