Thursday 1 May 2008

More Friday.

Going on from my earlier entry today, I said that I would explain my remark about singing from the top of the tower. My more erudite readers will be aware that today is Ascension Day, and we have a tradition here that the first hymn of this evening's service is sung from the top of the tower, by those choir members fit and active enough to climb it. Today half a dozen of us made it, the more senior choir members singing from the churchyard. We were assured it sounded pretty good from ground level. The lower photo in the previous entry is of Swaffham Prior churchyard, which we made a slight detour to look at on our way home from the midlands. It is one of the very few churchyards in England to have two churches in it. The older one (on the left of the photo) is still in use as the village church, whilst the other one is used (I think) almost as the parish rooms, or hall. One of my readers knows that I occasionally make up soppy verses for my own amusement, and has requested that I occasionally lighten up my blog with one. So here goes.
Mens' Wear (written after a hospital visit in 2005.)

Nightshirts are a nuisance, pyjamas are a pest,
Sleeping in your underpants is usually the best.

Boxer shorts are sloppy, thongs cut one in two.
The dear old comfy 'Y' fronts are the best a man can do.

Good night all.

1 comment:

Nea said...

Yes, for you, but what about us girls?