Sunday 15 June 2008

Sunday.

First of all, my apologies for not blogging lately. This is partly because we have been very busy of late, and partly because I have been having camera trouble again, and cannot persuade pictures onto my blog. I will (D.V.) contact friend Craig (our local computer tamer) and ask his assistance. Been a very pleasant day. This afternoon went to friend Terry's to view her Rambling Rector, which is a lovely white rose rambling up through a ten year old Metasequoia Gypeostroborides (or so I am told). I have a photof it in my modern hi-tech Fuji camera (and much good that will do us !!!!!!!). Bring back the Box Brownie say I - I could manage one of those - nothing to go wrong with them providing the sun was shining direct onto whatever I wanted a snapshot of. Had tea with Terry and met another guest Hans - very pleasant chap - had an encyclopoedic knowledge of most of North Europe. Picked his brains about Styria, a country which has been recently mentioned in arms catalogues, and which is part of the old East Germany he told me, although he said there are two of them, the other one in part of what is now Austria. Home in time to attend Evensong, and was asked to read O.T. lesson (part of 1 Samuel, ch. 21) in which David, to avoid censure, pretends to be mad, and dribbles in his beard. Found that I quite badly wanted to mop my own beard in sympathy with David and had to struggle to stop myself doing so. Afterwards several of the ladies in the congregation told me that they had had much the same thought and were disappointed that I hadn't wiped the whiskers in mid lesson. Ann read the N.T. lesson without problem. Must knock off now. Will try and illustrate blog again soon. Goodnight all.

No comments: