Friday 1 August 2008

Friday.


Snapshot is of Picnic in the Deanery garden last Sunday - Ann in the centre.
Going on from yesterday's winge, I'm glad to report that the council workmen picked our old beds up without problem at 9.30 am, also a superannuated washing machine that had outlived its usefulness. This morning my good friend Bill (my barber) called and gave me a really short haircut, as it will be about six weeks till I can get another. Had a coffee, and then was able to fix him up with a bullet mould for a pair of flintlock pocket pistols he has. We have many interests in common beside the state of my wool, so it's always a pleasure to see Bill. He refused to take any payment for the haircut. He's a good chap. About noon Jill and Keith called (fellow dealers) and purchased a leather snuffbox. Gave them a coffee and asked them to join me in a sandwich lunch, but they were unable to stay. Ann's Ansell Club morning. Nipped into bank this afternoon to pay in snuff box cheque, etc. Spent rest of day pottering, cleaning and doing up a tinder box that's been hanging about my workshop for weeks. Off to bed now. Goodnight All.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Nea said...

It all looks so green and civilised. It makes me want to move back, and then I think about the traffic and the tap water;)

Unknown said...

And its overcrowding and its politicians (although I suspect they're the same everywhere). I suppose everywhere has its advantages and disadvantages- that sounds like another round of the Diss game coming on.......
See you soon, Pa.