Sunday 9 November 2008

Sunday.


In kitchen earlier and saw this pottery toad leering over the rim of a Victorian teacup at me on the windowsill. I think Ann had been doing some tidying up - he doesn't normally live there. Remembrance Sunday today. Family service at 10.30. We were both in the choir, and I was asked to read the "They shall grow not old........." speech, just before the two minutes silence, and the "When you go home tell them of us, and say........." bit afterwards. I wasn't wearing a watch and I wasn't too sure how to judge the two minutes' silence, so I counted to 120 slowly, then counted another ten (just in case). I was told afterwards that I'd got it just about right. Must remember that for another time. This afternoon, at 3 p.m. we had the Memorial Service in Church - after the Service at the War Memorial. The Church was packed. Good service - the Rural Dean gave a good, bracing sermon.
Got Sue and Tim coming for a meal this evening- should be here by now - but just got a 'phone call to say they've got a puncture so will be a bit late. Oh well, that means we can both relax and wait for them. Glass of madeira sounds a good idea. Cheers all.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Crowbard said...

Badger would be pleased to see Mr. Toad in a tea cup rather than upon his motor car! Poop! Poop!