Thursday 27 November 2008

Thursday.

Snapshot of Ann exploring interior of Milden Church. Went to London last Sunday. Matthew and I viewed Bonham's Arms and Armour sale (Bonham's had, as usual, sent me 'freebie' catalogue).Good sale, nothing I itched to take home and play with, but several stock possibles, besides which I wanted to go to a decently stocked auction in order to be able to judge which way the cat's going to jump economically. Back to Lizzie's where Ann had prepared one of her famous (in the family, anyway) fish pies for supper, Lizzie being at work.
Yesterday got up early for early service and breakfast, then to Manningtree and caught train to London, tube to South Kensington, and walked round to V. and A. museum, where I had early lunch (roast pork - very good- although crackling could have been slightly crisper). Then round to Bonham's (Knightsbridge) sale. As I feared, prices were very high, even for mediocre lots. Managed to secure three lots though (four items), with which I was well pleased. Matthew joined me just before the end of the sale, and carried the goodies for me. Took a taxi back to Lizzie's, had a bite of supper with them, then on to Liverpool Street (Matthew came with me, bless him, and again carried the haul, and made sure I got on the correct train - I have a feeling he doesn't trust his Grandfather to be out on his own!!!). Caught the train by the skin of my teeth - then rather wished I hadn't as it was very crowded- had to stand as far as Chelmsford, where a good many passengers alighted. Ann met me at Manningtree - it had been a good day out, but feeling pleasantly drained today. Still, spent today doing small, necessary, repairs to yesterday's haul. Choir practice as usual this evening; felt it went well. Quite ready for bed, now, though, so : Goodnight all. God bless you.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: