Saturday 27 December 2008

Boxing Day.

On Boxing day morning Jonathan arrived, having driven across from Wolverhampton. He said it had been a good, swift, journey. I always say that for me (foodwise) the best part of Christmas is foraging for cold leftovers on Boxing day, and although Christmas lunch was a glorious feast, I think this still held true. We had the remains of the roast beef, cold, together with a piece of -cold- gammon that Ann had boiled on Christmas Eve, studded with cloves,and with baked potatoes, and various pickles. Followed by the remains of the Christmas pudding or apple crumble. I must confess that the last 'or' became 'and' for the gentlemen- the ladies were, of course, more restrained. After lunch Ann suggested a game of scrabble, and we had another one after tea, followed by a reasonably early night. Goodnight all.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Crowbard said...

Jon still checking your spurious word spellings I see. I do hope he catches you out now and again - (just to encourage his investigative skills of course.)