Friday 30 January 2009

Friday.

Yesterday we got a 'phone call from our good friend Terry Turk. She has just moved back to civilisation from her usual winter hibernation in her London flat. Having got home she'd found one of her clocks was sulking and asked if I'd go and 'sort it'. As it's only a small clock and a great deal older than I am, I said I'd take it on, especially as there was a promise of tea and cake when we got there. Drove out and sorted clock in about thirty seconds flat. Being a retired G.P. Terry insisted on knowing exactly what had been wrong with the clock's state of health, which is rather a pity because I do like to give an impression of skilfully applied expertise in these matters, and that had been impossible in this case. Had tea and a slice (well two if I'm being honest) of apple cake. At tea Terry produced the Times crossword (last Saturday's, I think) and we spent a very pleasant halfhour or so wrestling with it. Eventually prevailed.
Ann's calling me to supper now. More later, perhaps.

No comments: