Friday 27 March 2009

Still Friday.

The previous entry's photo was taken on Wednesday. We had motored across to friends of ours who have two antique clocks, the one in the photo and a lantern clock. The long case clock, made in the eighteenth century by Mr. George Suggate of Halesworth had finally worn his rope out and needed a new one, which I supplied. The photo showed me splicing the new rope. The lantern clock (which was made in 1710 in Essex), had got a problem in its under dial work. When this was sorted out it generally needed a little T.L.C.

Penny, as usual, gave us lunch (bless her). It was a superb beef casserole followed by a cheese board. Both clocks were ticking away again happily when we left. On the way home called in on friend Terry and inserted new batteries in her car keys. This doesn't appear to have helped matters (I think that the keys will probably now need reprogramming). Had tea and cake with her.

On Thursday had dinner with Sue and David. Terry and her son Simon also there. Terry's garage man says her car keys do need reprogramming. David gave us his beef curry (medium hot, but subtle). It was very good indeed. Followed by a selection of puddings.
More later (perhaps) - Blog, not pudding.

3 comments:

Crowbard said...

'A selection of puddings' sounds as though you were spoiled for choice! - or did you make the obligatory sacrifice of the waist-line in deference to David's hospitality and sample them all? (As would I have done in similar circs.)

Unknown said...

I should have described the puddings more accurately. Sue put in front of each of us a plate with several small portions of different puddings thereon; and I did my duty,as a guest, by them - I cleared my plate (which, let me tell you, was no hardship). On each of the same plates was a bunch of four grapes (dusted with powdered sugar) as a garnish. (I ate my grapes, too). It was, as always at the Parkers', a lovely meal. As Great Gran Clayton would say :"Ten out of ten for presentation".

Crowbard said...

I thoroughly respect Gran Dorothy's attitude towards presentation, but even if I were presented with an Upside-down Pudding the right way up, it would not in the least spoil my enjoyment of its consumption! Rude yeoman breeding showing through I'm afraid!