Wednesday 22 July 2009

Wednesday.

Snapshot taken a fortnight ago showing (left to right) our senior daughter Sarah, granddaughter Amelia, Sarah's second daughter (who is making an unsuccessful attempt to emulate her grandfather's whiskers - disrespectful baggage) and our second daughter Ruth.
Spent yesterday in workshop catching up on backlog. To early service this morning where I was serving as Deacon with the new Dean at communion - my first time- went off reasonably well. Most of afternoon spent in workshop - more or less up-to-date. This evening must get things ready for a talk I'm giving tomorrow evening to a men's group on horology 'the History of clocks and watches'. Haven't given that one for a year or two. Quite looking forward to it. Supper time now, must go.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Crowbard said...

'Went off reasonably well.' sounds somewhat akin to 'Damning with faint praise' - Was the new Dean's first Eucharist an absolute fiasco then? - Or merely so boring as to merit no warmer critique? Or perhaps I am unkindly reading into your words a dismissive tone that was neither intended nor implied.

Lori Skoog said...

I'm sure you will do well with your speech...you a very familiar with the subject matter!

Unknown said...

Hi Carl.It was more that it was my first session of deaconing at a communion service. So- 'Went off reasonably well'- is, of course, as high as one can go in praise of one's own efforts.

Hi Lori. Basically, it's an association of local businessmen. There's a formal meal, followed by a half hour talk by a guest speaker. I've spoken to them before on the history of guns, which went down well, so I don't suppose they'll throw things- and I can always dodge if they do.
Regards, Mike.

Crowbard said...

Cheers Mike, Yes you do unassumingly undersell yourself while quietly twinkling away with your usual astoundingly competent public performance. I'm sure the new Dean felt totally supported by the virtuosity of your Deaconalogical activities.

I can't quite get 'pooter's drift - it's saying priesate is the v-word, but it's not saying what the priest ate!