Sunday 30 August 2009

Sunday 4

 


On our way home from Blythburgh yesterday we stopped off at Peasenhall and took the above photo. There isn't a name on the building but I think it was probably the old guildhall. To the right of the building there is a good teashop, where we had a pot of tea with scones. Very nice too.
Today we went to morning service. Ann was Deaconing, and I was choiring. Glad to report a new male choir member, a recently retired clergyman. He sings bass (first bass, I should think). That means we now have three male singers, one tenor, one base, and one basso profundo (meself); not enough, but a great improvement on just me, which it was for some years. Ann has gone off to Wisbech to stay over with her mother, and plans to come home tomorrow evening. Spent afternoon and evening in workshop. Got on quite well, completed a job on a grandfather clock that I'd not been looking forward to. It went better than I'd expected, as they often do when you've been putting them off. One more job I want to complete, then I'm off to bed, I think. Goodnight all.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: