Friday 6 November 2009

Friday 2.

 


Waterlogged web on our wingmirror. Weather has become a bit more autumnal this last day or so.

Went to the funeral this afternoon of an old friend. We sang in the same male voice choir for thirty five years. He enjoyed a long life (the accent being on 'ENJOYED'). He was ninety four. He had written a short history of his life, through which his contentment shone. It was read out during the service. The service was, in the end, a celebration of a long life well spent. Our old choir sang at it. As we were going in, two of the basso profundoes grabbed me to go and sing with them - I had just time to tell Ann where I was going- she didn't seem too surprised. I knew most of the stuff we were singing - there was one piece that I didn't know, so I was given a copy of the score, and I surprised myself by sight reading it quite well. It seems an odd thing to say, but it was an enjoyable funeral.

On the way home called at Judy and David's and had a cup of tea with them. Brenda,too, was there, and Warren joined us on his way home from the funeral. Altogether a very sociable sort of a day- Goodnight all.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

DILLIGAF said...

Knowing dad - as I obviously did...;-) - I think he meant some'at like that.

Don't mourn. Celebrate all the good things that you're friend/relative etc brought to your life.

If you didn't like them...enjoy the freebies...;-)

My dad was a star.

Still miss the daft old sod you know.

Can't sing myself. Totally tone deaf...should have joined The Sex Pistols when I had the chance...;-)