Monday 11 January 2010

Monday 2.

 


Above photo shows puddings. The one to the left is an apple and mincemeat pie. To its right is a traditional rice pudding (by special request of Rodney, whose favourite pudding it is, and who is shown in the background, smiling and presumably drooling in anticipation of said rice pudding). There is also a jug of cream in the photo which we had with the puddings. After this we had a cheese board consisting of various cheeses all left over from Christmas. There was some Stilton that was particularly good, being perfectly ripe. We then had coffee, during the consumption of which Ann and I (Rodney's Ann, not mine), completed the Daily Telegraph's last Saturday's Prize crossword puzzle between us. I do enjoy lingering over a meal. After they'd gone, Ann and I cleared up, and had a cup of tea. Now I must get on with some work. I have a half repaired grandfather clock awaiting my attention.

P.s. Heard from Lasse this morning that Ruth and the girls arrived home safely at about seven a.m. then went on to their respective schools. So all's well on the North -East front. Cheers All.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

DILLIGAF said...

And there's me thinking that'll do...quick hello to Mike and off to bed...now I'm hungry!!!!!...;-)

Nea said...

I'm not sure if Christmas pud or rice pud is my favourite...or lemon merangue...or bread and butter...or spotted dick... now I'm hungry too