Monday 4 January 2010

Monday.

 


Photo of the gable end of a house at the far end of our High Street, the main beam of which is carved with the date 1649, the year that we topped Charles I.
Been a pleasant day. Ann's middle brother, David, and his wife Jo, drove over and had lunch with us. It was good to see them, and they were glad to be able to see Ruth and the girls before they go back. Just after they'd left, our good friend David Parker 'phoned to say he was home from hospital (remission for good conduct, probably). It was good news anyway; he's been having a rough time lately. Ann's just gone up to bed, so I must climb the wooden hill, too. Goodnight all.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

You two are social butterflies!

DILLIGAF said...

Now that's what I call a house!!!

I hope your pal wasn't ensconced in hospital all Christmas and New Year?

A friend of ours was. We popped up briefly Christmas Day, longer Boxing Day and - eventually when I emerged from my pit after copius vodka on New Years Eve for an hour New Years Day.

The nurses were absolutely brilliant and made sure all enjoyed Christmas as much as you can in hospital.

Mind you...as Carol is a microbiologist there and they know her well they'd have to treat her friend well. Or else!!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you Lori!!!
Hi 4Ds. He was rushed into hospital on the Monday following Christmas. He was, I think, poorly before that, but, knowing him, kept it to himself as long as possible, so as not to spoil Christmas for his family. Still, all's well now. I was in hospital over Christmas in 1969, and, as you say, the nurses made it as good a Christmas as possible. Cheers, Mike.

DILLIGAF said...

Especially the Phillipino ones eh?...;-)....

Very good at bed baths I found......;-)

Glad the lad is ok mate. Always a worry when the young get sick...I remember my mates lad...nearly died at 6 years old...now 35 and father of four gorgeous...and amazingly polite kids!!!!

DILLIGAF said...

I just realised...I thought you were talking about a youngster!!!

Soz...voddy.

Mind you...young or not...hope they're well now!!!