Thursday 18 February 2010

Thursday 1.

 


The above picture is, as promised, a photo of the second smallest tinder box I've seen. The smallest I gave to Nea some years ago. In my next blog entry I will show more detailed pictures of the device.
In the meantime I have been reading a tribute in fellow blogger Four Dinners's blog, to his wife Carol. It's rather moving, and reminded me of an entry I made in the back of my diary earlier this year, after a family chat in which 'advantages' were being discussed. It's not nearly as fulsome a tribute as 4Ds gave, but here it is :-

I have had three great advantages granted to me in life :-
I was given a scholarship to a good school.
I was granted a post graduate diploma in Antiquarian Horology at West Dean College.
And the greatest advantage I have had in my life, is that a gentlewoman agreed to share it.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

DILLIGAF said...

'And the greatest advantage I have had in my life, is that a gentlewoman agreed to share it'


You old softie.....;-)

Unknown said...

OLD softie, 4Ds ??? How dare you???
I'm in me prime. And me prime, let me tell you, is not a peak, but a plateau!!
Warm regards, Mike.