Thursday 8 April 2010

Thursday 5.

 


View walking out of Kersey. Walked up to, and through, the churchyard, then across the fields (footpaths) and back to the car. When we got home I got out the ordnance survey map of the area and a pair of dividers, and found that we had walked rather more than SIX miles. Easily the longest walk I've done this year. Had rack of lamb for supper - very good indeed. Then played a three handed game of scrabble. Scored just short of 650 points between us. Modesty forbids...... but it wasn't by much. Been a lovely day off. Must get busy in the workshop tomorrow. Goodnight all.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

DILLIGAF said...

Night old bean. You are starting to sound like you're back to top form!

I could do 6 miles but I'm not sure my current mode of progressing would be entirely considered as walking...;-)

Still...Nearly back to my version of normality.

Spookily I've just finished a rack of lamb with supurb mashed potatos and petit pois.

Great minds?.....No...You don't want to be associated with mine...trust me...;-)

Unknown said...

Odd coincidence, 4Ds. Ours was rack of lamb, new potatoes and peas. Not really necessary after a solid pub lunch, but after our long walk we were ready for (and enjoyed) it.
Cheers, Mike.