Thursday 27 May 2010

Thursday 1.

 


Above picture, of a corner of our market place, was taken last Friday morning (Friday being our market day).
This morning we motored into London to have lunch with our good friend Terry. To use her own professional terminology, she fell and bust a hip some weeks ago, but is, I'm glad to say, now getting around nicely, and managed to put on a pretty good lunch. We had tomato and rice soup, followed by a - 'cold collation' I suppose is the correct term, then apple pie and cream, followed by coffee in the drawing room. It was good to see her in such good heart.
On the way home, somewhere on the North circular road, we'd been driving at a walking pace for half a mile or so (due to heavy traffic) when Noel, our new 'satnav' came over ironical and asked if we'd like him to change into 'pedestrian mode'. I was tempted to say 'yes' and see if he knew of a short cut across the park, but decided not to come down to his level so ignored him. Besides, he always does seem to know best, so I might have come off worst if I'd pulled his leg (anyway, I don't think satnavs have legs to pull- indeed he seems to be armed at all points).
Got home just before five and had a cuppa. Nearly time for choir practice, so must go and get ready.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

I love shopping at a market. Yours looks great.

Unknown said...

So do we, Lori, and it's a good sized market place, but last week there were only two stalls on it, the fruit, vegetables, and flowers one illustrated, and the other one was..... hold on, I'll show you - next blog.

Crowbard said...

Oh you old tease!... I don't suppose it was an Antiquarian Horologist's stall by any chance?

Accompanied by merrie traditionalle cries of " New clocks for old!" "GitchyeroldTompions restored 'ere mate!" "My genuwhine Injun snake-oil will restore any clock - it will even fix busted springs!"

Anonymous said...

All those lovely fresh fruit and veg and flowers to decorate the table with as well! Now that I live within walking distance of market, I'll never go back to supermarket-bought produce again. It just looks and tastes so much better.