Saturday 26 June 2010

Saturday.

 


Photo is of the sloe gin, resulting from last years crop of sloes, which I've been bottling this evening. Doesn't look much - nine half bottles of our favourite winter warmer, but it keeps us going, together with our youngsters, and two lots of their in-laws. We usually make rather more than we have this year, and lay some by. In fact I've still got a bottle and a half of 2006 sloe gin left, and some from every year since then. And it does improve with age. I was given the recipe I use by an old friend in Lavenham who made the best sloe gin I ever tasted. In fact now I think of it, I'm going upstairs now for a nightcap of the '06.
Goodnight all.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

I'll bet you slept like a baby!

Unknown said...

I usually do, Lori, thank you.