Tuesday 6 July 2010

Tuesday.



Above picture is of Ann and Miss T. comparing height. Miss T. who will be thirteen next month, is now almost exactly the same height as your blogger, and towers over her Granny!!!
When we awoke this morning Freja had a slight tummy upset and was feeling thoroughly icky. So then MOTH, Nea, and I went on a cultural tour of the local antique shops (moderately successfully) leaving Granny and Miss T. in charge of the patient. When we returned she was feeling a little better, so MOTH and I volunteered to sit with her. Such was the concentration of her father and grandfather on the wellbeing of the patient, that we both went to sleep in our armchairs, and when we woke (still rather exhausted with our vigil) we found that the rest of the household, including Freja, had partaken of a good lunch which MissT. had prepared. As they had left us a decentish portion of lunch (pasta with things in it) we really didn't mind, especially as Freja had more or less recovered under our care. So much so, that Nea, MOTH and I went out to another antique shop, outside of which I took the snapshot of Nea. On our return I am glad to report that Freja had returned to mid-season form - all down, I am convinced, to
the quality of the nursing she had received, or possibly, to nature taking its course.

3 comments:

stigofthedump said...

What on EARTH have you been feeding that child ??? Has she been standing in a grow bag again ??? You all look so well...are you off school ?!
Glad you arrived safe, keep blgging - it saves on postcards !
big snogs from auntie wobblebottom x

Unknown said...

Hi Stig. Last Tuesday when I published this blog Tuva was a qarter of an inch shorter than I am. Today, this Tuesday, 13th July, She is an inch TALLER than I am!!!!!!!
She makes me feel..... now what's that word of yours, Stig? Oh yes, I know - a little shorthouse.
Cheers, Pa.

Nea said...

Not a grow bag, Stig, just lots of healthy school dinners and antique fare during the summer months, with the occasional elk stew and grilled perch thrown in.