Wednesday 11 August 2010

Wednesday 2.



And finally my favourite house in Sudbury. That is, if I had to choose a house in Sudbury to live in, I think it would be this one. I love the look of it, but my choice would be at least partly because of its location - it backs onto the water meadow and river, and is still surprisingly central in the town. It's recently been repainted though, and I don't like the new colour much. Still, I suppose it will soon fade.
We motored over to Wisbech yesterday and spent the day with Ann's mother. She seemed a little quiet and depressed, which is unlike her - or at least it felt as if she was having to make an effort to be cheerful. On the way home called and had tea with an old schoolmate Roy, and his wife Janet. Roy and I spent an hour or so wandering down memory lane (as old schoolmates do), whilst our wives seemed a little surprised (not to say shocked) at the things we got up to fifty or so years ago. Roy has a rather better memory of these things than I (which can be convenient when pressed for detail of them afterwards).
Ann has spent today with our friend Helga. They went to an Ikea store near Dartford, shopped and had a Swedish lunch there. I spent the day in my workshop. Got on quite well. I've been working on a Black Forest clock that I bought in Denmark. It's now ticking away quite happily, but I think I will have to do a bit more work on the strike.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lori Skoog said...

The architecture over there is fabulous!