Monday 22 November 2010

Monday 3.


Photo taken in Thetford Chase last week, of Ann's favourite avenue of trees. We think they are hornbeams, but not sure. I AM sure however that some of our readers will know and inform us.
Spent the last weekend in the midlands, partly to enjoy the hospitality of Carl and Jude, partly to visit sister Maggie and Mark, but mainly, I must admit to make the aquaintance of new great niece Charlotte (as featured in our last two entries of this blog). Been a lovely weekend. Got home about four pm. Going to be a busy rest of the week, so may not be blogging for a day or so. Will probably reopen this journal later this week.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

That road looks just like some of those right around here.

DILLIGAF said...

My profuse apologies at not arriving today..Tuesday 23rd Nov. I received a call late(ish) on Monday asking me to 'cover' a driving student as her instructor was not well.

Given my greed...er...willingness to help...I was obliged to do so as - delete as applicable - extra money = extra vodka / I am nice like that...

Sorry old bean. I was very much looking forward to it.

(The Instructor in question is a pal so I had to help him out)

Please give me around a week's notice of the next and it will be.

Cheers old bean

4D x

Unknown said...

Hi Lori. We were in New England twenty years or so ago, and noticed that some of the scenery was very similar to ours. The older architecture, however, was much more like Sweden than England. This is in no way a critcism of your country - we loved it.
Cheers, Mike and Ann.

Unknown said...

Hello 4Ds. Received and understood. We guessed it was work related. I'll try and give you a bit more notice next time, which will be quite soon.
By the way, did very well at the auction. Got seven lots - better than I have done for the last year or so.
Cheers, Mike.

Unknown said...

P.s. I hope you don't mind me making a suggestion regarding your terminology, 4Ds, "asking me to 'cover' a driving student as her instructor was not well", but the term 'to cover' is still in use among horse breeders. It is usually used in relation to stallions. I suggest you look it up. Freudian slip possibly???
Warm Regards, Mike.