Saturday 6 November 2010

Saturday 3.


Choir practice was held in the vestry this morning, and halfway through practice I looked up and saw the above bloke glaring down at me. I go into the vestry two or three times most weeks, and have done for the last fifteen years or so, but I don't remember noticing this chap before - perhaps I'm not so observant as I think I am, or perhaps I'm more forgetful than I should be. To take the photo I climbed onto the oak table in the vestry causing protests from Ann and our Choir Mistress. The Tenor Line (young Geoffrey, well he's our youngest choir member anyway, a mere fifty) helped me to climb up, and gave me an arm down. He (the carved roof boss - not Geoffrey) looks a great character - not a green man, probably meant to be a wild man -several in churches in the area, and at least one pub a few miles away - The Wild Man, at Sproughton.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Crowbard said...

Looks more like St. Nicholas to me!
Which reminds me - Merry Christmas to you and all your readers - er! in a few weeks, anyway.

Nea said...

Are you sure it wasn't a mirror hanging there ;)

;) = just kidding :)

$;-}>

<3