Sunday 7 November 2010

Sunday 1.


Snapshot of your blogger in front of tiny rose garden on Friday morning just before we set off for cafe church, and eventually Stretham in Cambridgeshire for lunch. Rest of the weekend's been much as normal. Choir practice on Saturday morning. Scrabble Club on Saturday afternoon. We both sang in the choir this morning. After the service when I was winding the vestry clock I met a young man in the vestry who introduced himself as Craig, the new 'youth worker' and who kept addressing me as 'Sir'. I told him that I do like respect for age, but -'I'm not Sir, I'm Mike'. This threw him a bit, and he then showed a tendency to address me as 'Sir- er -Mike', which was worse. Oh well, he'll get used to me I hope.
This afternoon we went to Eileen's for a scrabble tea. Before scrabble Eileen asked me to put her grandfather clock back an hour for winter 'time'. As it's a complicated old gentleman (quarter chimes - Victorian, although it looks older) I simply stopped it for an hour, then restarted it at the (now) correct time, then wound it for the week. Hilary had made the tea for Eileen, who is recovering from a broken sternum, which she had sustained in a motor accident which wrote off her car, but certainly didn't write off Eileen. Hilary carried the meal round in a basket, which left Eileen to make the tea only. Three good games, all of which Hilary won, but we gave her a good run for her money in all three games. Been, as I say, a normal, and thoroughly enjoyable weekend.
Goodnight all.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Crowbard said...

I like 'Sir Mike', Mike. It has a noble ring to it; Should I have a word with Ma'am, Her Maj would probably be honoured to honour you with a knighthood. (Though I doubt she's very likely to take any notice of what I say!)

Pootatu is in agreement, her v-word is Elyzedne - she must mean E II R ???

Unknown said...

Please do not trouble Her Majesty on my behalf. Besides, I think Craig has now got the matter clear in his mind.

Crowbard said...

It would be nice to confuse him again perhaps????

Pootertu loves this idea... and Craig.

Her v-word is 'ablest' although I'm not sure if she's trying to say 'Ah-Bless' or 'Craig's not the ablest to accomodate changes of title!'