Monday 3 January 2011

Monday 2.


Sarah (back to us, in centre of above photo) put on a large buffet lunch which we all enjoyed. At 12.30 Ann took three of our daughters, our son, his partner Jude, son in law Mikey, nine grandchildren, one step granddaughter, and a grandaughter's boyfriend, off to the pantomime, whilst I stayed at Sarah's, cleared up the lunch detritus, then continued to fix their grandfather clock, which has only a minor problem, but is taking longer than it should (a horrible thought strikes me that perhaps I am slowing down a bit ??). I don't accompany the hoard (well, alright, the semi-hoard) to the pantomime because (being a bit deaf) I can't hear much of it at all these days. More in a min.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Crowbard said...

No Mike, not at all a semi-hoard, they are an absolutely total treasure!...
Or did you mean semi-horde?

Unknown said...

Sorry Carl. I must be skidding - horde, of course (or do I mean coarse ????)

Crowbard said...

I don't think we're skidding Mike. (Even I find bloopers in my writing ocasionally) - I put it down to the electronics - it never happened on the mechanical typewriters! You've only got to look at Pootatu's verification words to realize that electronic intelligence has problems negotiating the irregular convolutions of English spelling.

Unknown said...

Well done Crowbard. Now that's what I call placing the blame squarely in the right quarter!