Thursday 27 January 2011

Thursday.


I think I may well have put up a photo of this amarylis last winter when it was last in bloom. Well, Ann's bought it through the summer and it's in bloom again. There's another bloom coming up as well. I don't really know how Ann does this. It involves cutting the flower stems hard back when they've finished blooming, then laying the pots on their side in the potting shed for the summer. No, I've just checked with her and she says not the potting shed but the scullery, and let it dry out rather all summer. Seems to suit it, anyway. We've had more colourful ones but we like the frilly edges to the petals of this one.
Been pottering in the workshop all day. On Tuesday Ann and friend Sue drove over to Thetford. Partly to visit a mutual friend who is now in a care home there, and partly to pick up a musket and sword that I've recently bought. Spent this morning cleaning them (the musket and sword that is) and one or two other bits of stock. This evening I've been wrestling with a recalcitrant clock movement, and I'm about ready for bed. At the moment feel that the clock is winning, but we'll have another bout tomorrow when I'm refreshed by sleep.
Good night all.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

Gorgeous. I have a red one that is making a comeback.

Unknown said...

REf clock mentioned. Today, Tuesday 1.2.11, I've won. Clock now going well.