Monday 28 February 2011

Monday.


Early start this morning for 8.30 a.m. appointment at my dentist's. She did three fillings, no anaesthetic, and very little discomfort, and I was out by about ten past nine. Been pottering since then, to be ready for Long Melford on Wednesday. At about mid-day our friend Val called with the above begonia as a wedding anniversary present. Anniversary was last week and Val has called several times since then, but as we were busy last week, and then weekended in the midlands, today was the first time she'd found us in. She came in and had a coffee with us, and a long natter. I don't know how she fits in as much as she does, but then she's twenty years younger than we are. This afternoon knocked off for a twenty minute zizz which turned into an hour and a half's sleep. Been working hard since then, but feel there's not much to show for it. Bed time now though and I wish a very good night to all my readers.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

natter....zizz....my ever expanding vocabulary.

Unknown said...

Hi Lori. You probably worked those two out. Natter = chat or conversation or gossip; Zizz = snooze, or nap, or fory winks- short sleep. Both a bit dated, I think.
Warm regards, Mike.