Wednesday 8 June 2011

Wednesday.

I know I've shown lots of photoes of this scene (our Church and the Deanery Tower) but this is what it looks like at seven a.m. on a fine summer morning. Early service this morning. Ann lead the service and I read both lessons. Breakfast. Then walked home, stopping at barber's shop for a haircut. Then into Ipswich to view an auction.

On way home took above photo of poppies in field, through car window, which accounts for odd reflections. Should say that Ann was driving. When I was a boy most farmers in Norfolk would have called this  'a dirty field'. Pretty though. This was somewhere near Hintlesham.

Detoured through lanes and took above snapshot of early (much restored ) cottage. Looks as if it's been jacked up at some stage and the ground floor rebuilt. This could, I would think, have been done at any stage of its long existence. Home, sandwich lunch, then Ann motored into Sudbury to do a 'big shop' and I went up to change into me workshop scruff, inadvertantly assumed a horizontal posture, and kipped (slept, Lori) for a while. Eventually surfaced and spent most of rest of day pottering in workshop. About ready to resume kipping now though, so - Goodnight All.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

P.s. Auction a washout. Went because auctioneer had sent me a catalogue and it seemed discourteous not to view at least.Shall have to continue attendance at the London rooms pro tem.