Saturday 16 July 2011

Saturday.


Been a fairly full day. Helga and Rosemary called in for coffee this morning. Then Ann and I had to change and get to St. Mary's to sing with the choir for a wedding at one p.m. Picked up two of the other choir members en route. Went reasonably well. Slight problem as most people were singing from the wedding programme and the words to the hymns were marginally different to the choir's hymn books (and some of the words of the hymns as printed in the programme were difficult to fit to the hymn tunes). We got there eventually, but it must have sounded a bit ragged in parts. Then Hilary and I had to gallop across to scrabble club. As it was now raining quite hard, full gallop (with brollies up) was the best means of progress. Three good games. Then home, quick meal, and round to Milly and Jim's for wine and nibbles to celebrate their fortieth wedding anniversary. Home just before nine. Again threatening rain, so had to hurry home, then  just after we got home sun (low in the west)  finally came out from under the rain clouds and I was able to take the above photo.
Bedtime now. Goodnight All.
P.s. Just reread the above, and in the interests of complete honesty, when I say full gallop I mean a spirited attempt at full gallop for the first hundred and fifty yards, then a determined hobble trot for the rest of the way (probably another two hundred yards).
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Pat said...

I envy you keeping your voice going. My singing voice has
disappeared and strangely even alone in the house I feel too self conscious to exercise it.

Nea said...

I don't sing much at home, but I sing lots walking in the forests, it scares the bears away :)

Unknown said...

I think probably Pat, that the operative word in your comment is 'exercise'. If you don't use it you lose it! If you started singing again, I'm sure you'd soon be back in mid-season form.
My increasing deafness worries me a little. I think that might well eventually stop me singing.

Unknown said...

Hi Nea. Sensitive creatures those brown bears. Do you still sing 'We're all going on a bear hunt' when walking in the forests ?