Wednesday 10 August 2011

Wednesday 1.

Went for a walk yesterday evening. Above picture taken at about nine in the evening, and shows Ann leaning on the parapet of Toppesfield Bridge, which is claimed to be the earliest bridge in Suffolk still in regular use, although I think this might be debatable.

Went to early service this morning (Ann was 'deaconing') and took the above snapshot of about a quarter of our garden when we set out at just after seven a.m. Spent the rest of this morning cleaning and resilvering the ten inch square dial of a small thiry hour long case clock. This afternoon got a call from friends of long standing Brenda and Warren to say that they have a glut of Victoria plums and would we go over and have a cuppa with them and help ourselves to some of said plums. Drove over to them and had cuppa and cakes. Their youngest granddaughter Hannah was with them. Hadn't seen her for a year or so, and she is now six and quite charming despite (or perhaps at least partly because of) lacking her two upper front teeth, which she told us her mummy had pulled out. After tea showed her my trick with a handkerchief mouse (which jumps and then runs up my sleeve). This had its usual success with a six year old. It was shown me when I was about that age by a great uncle who lived in Southwold, and he also showed me (some years later, though) how to perform this magic. It is (apart from the usual purpose) my reason for always carrying a red spotted snuff handkerchief. I digress. We then went outside and picked plums, willingly and ably assisted by Hannah. Back in a mo. Just thought of something.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Nea said...

I liked the white mouse best, especially when he was used to clean up a smutty cheek or in my case a cheeky smut :)

Nea said...

I liked the white mouse best, especially when he was used to clean up a smutty cheek or in my case a cheeky smut :)