Sunday 1 January 2012

Sunday 1.



 Today Ann's older brother, Mick, came over from Littleport to see Ruth and the girls (and of course his sister and brother-in-law). We sat around the dining table drinking coffee and tea, and eating Christmas cake, mince pies (with a little brandy sauce under the pie lids- "scrummy" as Freja says), bickies,etc. Mick showed us old photoes, some dating back to World War Two. Ann and I knew who was on most of them then had to explain to Ruth who they were, whilst Tuva and Freja treated it as a history lesson.





Took the above photo to see if a family likeness is apparent. I think it is. As both Mick and Ann said "Not so much Clayton as Doulton.  I think that's probably true too.

I'm now being given an intensive lesson by Ruth (who is a determined teacher, and I'm glad I'm not one of her long term pupils- although come to think of it, I'm probably her longest term pupil!!!!! - I think I'm grateful for it- I've a lot to learn in operating this machine).  More in a few mins I think.

3 comments:

Pat said...

Ruth - if anyone - could maybe sort out the Picasa problem.

Unknown said...

Hello Pat. Ruth doesn't like Picasa (although I always found it very easy to use) and advised me to leave it alone in future. A week or so ago a friend (blogs as Wendy Whitecat) put me onto Gimp 2, which is rather different Picasa, but seems to work better. Ruth has spent a good deal of her time while in England this Christmas,educating me (or trying to) in the ways of Gimp 2. Seems, at the moment to be working. Might be worth you while to look into it ?
Hope all goes well. We wish you both a very happy New Year. Mike and Ann.

Pat said...

Happy new Year Mike and Ann and Ruth and family.
I'll look into Gimp 2 but I'm not very good with new concepts.