Tuesday 3 January 2012

Tuesday.


Above is a photograph of Thaxted Church, which we visited yesterday. It is a fine, cathedral like church, light and spacious inside. Mainly 14th/15th century, with some earlier bits, and many interesting internal features. It is set on a small (East Anglian you must remember) hill, above the town.


The town of Thaxted itself is a typical east Anglian town. The main street, below and to the East of the Church is full of fine, early buildings of all periods, well at least of all periods since the 1300s. The pretty little double jettied , bay windowed house, in the photo below, is typical of the town.

3 comments:

Sir Bruin said...

I seem to remember a school trip to Saxtead church. Can't remember why we went there though. I believe it must have gone better than the school trip to Cambridge where I was ejected from both the Fitzwilliam museum and the Botanical Gardens. I'm much better behaved now.

Unknown said...

Hello Sir Bruin. I am very glad you read my blog more carefull than I wrote it. Not Saxstead, but Thaxted in Essex. My apologies. I must now correct my last two blog entries. (The wretched man slinks guiltily away to effect repairs).

Crowbard said...

Had I but known you could effect repairs Mike I could have saved myself many a greasy kerchief and the odd skinned knuckle. But now you begin to recognize your long dormant talents and skills why-ever didn't you sort out that Austin 12 in the previous photo?
Pootatu is very enthusiastic about the car...
Her v-word is gocarti