Monday 6 February 2012

Monday.




 Spent almost all day in workshop, doing restoration work to a very early carbine. Working on the stock, and using black American walnut. As I almost invariably work in metal, found it really therapeutic (I think that's the word) and satisfying,  to be working in wood for a change.

Photo above is of supper's main course, consisting of a game pie made of the remains of the weekend's pheasant, with roast vegetables (done in olive oil) a wedge of cabbage, and creamed potatoes.

Pudding is shown below- jam tart with custard. Blackcurrant jam, which Ann says is full of vitamin C and should do our colds good. A delicious winter warming meal.



Goodnight all.

8 comments:

Pearl said...

That meal, and its dessert, look like the cover of a magazine.

Fantastic.

Pearl

Unknown said...

Thank you Pearl. I'll pass that compliment on to the cook- well to my wife Ann, I mean.

Unknown said...

This blog entry vanished sometime yesterday. I think there is something sinister (and hungry) patrolling blogland, and spotting those photos of a delicious meal on my last blog entry, it ate it. I informed my younger brother of the matter, and he, being even more up in the mysteries of blogland than I am, found my missing entry (he told me that he found it lurking in a draught somewhere ???????) and immediately restored it to its proper place and duties.
Once again, many thanks Crowbard.

Crowbard said...

No trouble Mike,
it's my fraternal duty to shoo away the Giraffe/draught/daft folders that surreptitiously consume your fine epistles. Long may you regale your adoring public with fine words and fascinating photos.
Pootatu is very happy to help, her v'word is 'rescuse'

Lori Skoog said...

Boy Mike...that Ann takes good care of you. Such a beautiful meal.

Unknown said...

Thank you Lori, and very true.

Z said...

I'm not showing those pictures to the Sage. He'll feel hard done by.

Unknown said...

I'm sure he won't, Zoe. I remember that meal you put on for us all at last year's blogmeet........