Sunday 20 May 2012

Sunday.


On Friday evening senior daughter Sarah, her husband Mikey, and their two youngest offspring, Lucy and Guy (plus the cocker spaniels, Ruby and Mango), arrived around eight p.m. this being the weekend of our Annual Agricultural Show, which they like to attend. Ann had prepared an evening meal of baked salmon (see above photo) and cetera.



Above (left to right) shows Sarah, Mango and Lucy.



Above snapshot is of Lucy, Guy, Mikey and Ann.



Mikey brought Ann the roses in centre of above photo of flowers received by Ann during last few days.


Above photo, taken before breakfast on Saturday morning, shows grandson Guy mucking about with trick arrow left here at Christmas by his Swedish cousins.




Then to showground where our first stop was at a display of  falconry - hunting birds, owls, falcons, hawks, and so on. The bird in the foreground is a European Eagle Owl, the female of which is, the owner told us, quite capable of taking a fully grown dog fox! (the female owl being rather bigger than the male).


Surprising number of dogs (with their owners) attended the show this year. I was rather taken with the above lurcher, which are  usually, I find,  rather intelligent dogs.


The things you see when you're out without a gun!  
End of first episode. More in a minute when I've loaded more pictures.

14 comments:

Maggie said...

I have to say Mike that I whole heartedly agree on the subject of Lurchers. I have had two and they are very agreeable dogs to keep providing your neighbour doesn't have a cat!

Love to you both, Maggie x

Crowbard said...

I'm very partial to salmon with a bit of cetera when it's on 'and - but I usually come in too late and the others have et cetera.

I hadn't realised Mickey was oriental, is Ann kow-towing or performing Geisha tea-ceremony duties?

I'm surprised they let you in with catapults - nice of you to let the youngsters excel at it though. I wouldn't challenge you to a duel with any projectile weapon - light sabre or katana for me please fought in a narrow corridor to limit your vicious back-hand swing - and ten years notice to get back into training.

Unknown said...

Hi Maggie. I think many dog breeders have been breeding for appearance over the last decade or so, hence a good many 'pure' bred dogs look beautiful and are either thick or manic, and sometimes both, whilst cross breeds of lurcher type have character, intelligence, and sometimes both.
Love to you both, Mike and Ann.

Unknown said...

Hello Carl. Sorry if I put Mickey - should have said MIKEY. I think Ann is petting one of the dogs in that photo - probably Ruby. I did well with the bow I'm glad to say. And as for ten years notice to get into training, what makes you think that at our age we've got ten years? Still, let's assume so and use them well.
Much love to you both from us both.

Maggie said...

Have you noticed how many orbs there are in the photos taken in the house?

Unknown said...

Hello Maggie. Just been through the indoors photos (enlarged) and can't see any problems. Can you specify 'orbs' please? Thanks, Mike.

Unknown said...

P.s. And please can you tell me what to do about orbs when spotted?

Unknown said...

P.s. And can you tell me what to do about 'orbs' when spotted?

Maggie said...

'Orbs' are thought to be spirits of folk who have passed on, usually kind ones who just want to be near. Often they are percieved to be Guides etc., There is a place in Cornwall called St Necterns Glen, which is a beautiful waterfall and hermitage and is well known for Orbs appearing on photographs. For some reason digital cameras seen to pick them up.
Carl may be able to explain the phenomenon better than me.

On the whole there are seen to be a good thing.

Unknown said...

Orbs Maggie? Balls Maggie!

Much luv - big bruv.

Unknown said...

Dear Sister Maggie.
Ref my last comment, couldn't resist an obvious pun on spherical objects. So before you tell me so, I quite agree that you have as much right to your beliefs as I have to mine.
Much love, Mike.

Maggie said...

Well, it has taken 59 years for me to be insulted with that particular remark Mike!

Unknown said...

Have we really been insulting each other that long Maggie? I don't feel old enough; and I'm sure you're not.

Nea said...

Not all balls Pa, the one above Mikey's head is shaped like a hexagram :)

<3
Poo