Friday 1 June 2012

Friday.



This morning walked into town to go to cafe church. Whilst partaking of coffee and a croissant, and with the assistance of Robert and Sheila, started on the Telegraph crossword (newspaper are provided at Cafe Church- well the Telegraph and the East Anglian are).  Ann and I then walked over to the Ansell Room, where Ann helps with a monthly lunch for the elderly. This month's lunch was a rather special one to mark the jubilee. The above photo shows Ann, Liz, and Sylvia discussing arrangements.

  


Above photo shows the pudding that each of the recipients received. Fiddly job I should think. Imagine putting together eighty of these!

 Then home, and a sandwich lunch. Ann then went back to help serve the lunch, and eventually to clear the tables, wash up, etc. , and I sat down to finish the crossword, which I did with the assistance of Sheila, who popped in on her way home (she lives a few houses down from us) to help with it. Didn't take long. Spent most of the rest of the day in my workshop. Must knock off now and try and clear my bench .  So - Goodnight All.

P.s. Should perhaps stress that the crossword I finished at home was in our own copy of the Telegraph. Would not have you think that I'd half inched (pinched, Lori. Snaffled in other words) the Cafe Church Telegraph in order to finish the Crossword at home. Sheila (being a Lay Reader at the Church) would not have countenanced this, leave alone have helped me with the crossword, had she suspected such a felony.

7 comments:

Crowbard said...

Your post scriptum is entirely unnecessary dear chap, your bona fides are absolute. I can't imagine where you got such a paranoid suspicion that your devoted readers might harbour such malign and improbable perceptions of your nobly impeccable character!
Tush Sir, under the 'Honi soi qui mal y pense' principle you do us a disservice by imputing such pettiness to our thoughts. (Only when considering the amoral and pestilential wider society in which we dwell can I bring myself to forgive you such flagrant insult... which I do most profoundly)

PS Hands up all those who entertained the idea of Mike as a thief of the church newspaper!... I shall be round with the horse-whip forthwith...
PPS... I do so enjoy a good rant over sod-all!!
Luv-Bruv

Lori Skoog said...

The pudding with the flowers is a masterpiece!

Unknown said...

Thank you Crowbard.

Unknown said...

Hello Lori. Quite agree - a miniature work of art, as I told the maker/designer.

Unknown said...

P.s. i.e. the lady holding it.

Nea said...

I didn't realize that violets were edible until recently when my youngest claimed she and her grandmother had eaten them together. I have eaten my share of Parma Violets, but I thought it twas the color what gave them their name.

As time passes I find my knowledge of my lack of knowledge only increases. I am a numpty!

Unknown said...

Actually Nea, I think the flowers were eaten on the lawn at the back of your cottage. I ate one too. They were not violets but small wild pansies. Just like the ones in the photo. The one I ate didn't have much taste though - like nibbling a tiny piece of lettuce leaf.