Monday 17 September 2012

Monday.


Spent pleasant day in workshop and forge. Cleaning up stuff (mainly pewter) ready for the October Long Melford Antique Fair. Spent time in the forge case hardening the steel from a tinder box, so that it's in working order. Played scrabble after supper - really good game - Ann beat me by TWO points.

Picture above is of a small Regency decanter that we bought last weekend.  We both rather like it and would quite like to keep it, but can't decide where to put it. I've decanted the  last of the 2009 sloe gin into it, and it looks rather well. Problem is that we live in quite a small house and don't want to overcrowd it. Oh well, any suggestions welcome.  In the meantime - Goodnight all.

4 comments:

Rog said...

It looks beautiful - keep it!

Anne said...

Hi mike and Ann. I love that game scrabble. I was away from my blog a few weeks but thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love your blog. You have the most amazing photos.

Unknown said...

Hello Rog. Ann always says that the great thing about being being a dealer is that we can keep the best bits till something better comes along. I suppose you do that, too?

Unknown said...

Hello Anne. Nice to hear from you. We have three scrabble clubs in our town, and we belong to all of them.