Wednesday 19 September 2012

More Wednesday.


Just as a footnote to my previous blog posting; today has been a lovely, bright, sunny day, but with a brisk  North wind blowing, so that in the sun it's fine, but otherwise a bit nippy. So the above pictured supper was very welcome. It was a beef stew made, Ann says, with braising steak. I would also suspect that it was made with a drop of dry sherry, a little muscovado sugar,  and a pinch of fivespice (among other things). Whatever (as my grandchildren say), it was just what the medicine man ordered, and was much appreciated.
Goodnight all.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

I have to say, Ann's dinners look very yummy!

Unknown said...

Thank you Mag, it was. I aught perhaps to add that I've checked with Ann, and that my guess at the ingredients of the beef stew were correct, with the one exception of the sherry - it was half a glass of port.