Friday 22 March 2013

Friday.



Quick blog entry just to record that yesterday morning there was a knock on the front door, and a delivery man handed over to Ann a very large box. It appeared, on opening, to hold the contents of a medium sized florist's shop!!!  Bunches of tulips, chrysanths, etc.  They are now in several vases placed all over the ground floor of the house. The tulips looked a touch droopy, but on being watered, picked up, and now look gracefully droopy. I think tulips look their best drooping gracefully.  They were from Margaret, my sister  ( and Ann's bridesmaid fifty years ago). I think if  someone is not well in a house, the invalid gets all the get- well cards, and messages  of sympathy,  and sometimes the partner/carer (who, is of course, under a great deal of stress) is ignored. Anyway Maggie, Dear, they were JUST what Ann needed, just when she needed them, and cheered her up tremendously. Thank you.



I think that What we ALL need now, though, is some really warm, uninterrupted sunshine. Wouldn't it be nice?



Walking into the kitchen this afternoon (where one of the vases of chrysanthemums was also displayed) I saw our fruit bowl, and thought how nice and colourful that looked, too.

Goodnight All (and thanks again, Maggie,  Mark, and Emma).

9 comments:

Z said...

How lovely and how thoughtful. Lots of love to Ann. And you too, of course!

Lori Skoog said...

Mike!!!!! I have been absent and did not even know you had a heart attack. After chores I am going to come back in and catch up with what you have written! Hope you are doing well. So sorry I did not acknowledge this soon.

Liz said...

That fruit bowl does look nice. My fruit bowl is empty; I have failed to shop effectively again this week.

I hope you are being a good patient and staying indoors away from all the snow and cold.

Sir Bruin said...

I, also, trust you are being a good patient. I say this more in hope than anticipation. Maybe I should ask Ann?

Unknown said...

Thank you Z.

Unknown said...

Hello Lori. Yes, a fortnight ago. I kept a sort of journal in hospital, but given the amount of work you fit into every day, I'm not sure that you'll have time to read it all. Reading yours, though, and reading about your weather conditions, makes me able to accept 'taking it easy' a bit easier than I'm inclined to. Good to hear from you though,
Warm regards, Mike.

Unknown said...

Hello Liz and Sir Bruin. Good to hear from you both. You both ask if I'm being a good patient. If by 'good' you mean in the sense of being good, moral, upright, principled and of rectitude, the answer has to be- I'm afraid so, yes! My chief medical adviser, allows no other sort of behaviour in her ward. Also, my vintage and general physical condition prevents much in the way of kicking over the traces. Ah well, I'm gathering strength daily...........

Unknown said...

P.s. Oh, and Sir Bruin, as a favour please don't bother asking Ann about it. She has quite enough on her plate, without giving her ideas. Cheers, Mike.

Unknown said...

P.P.s. Also Steve, it might come under the heading of sneaking on a fellow chap, than which, I am sure, nothing could be further from you thoughts.