Sunday 24 March 2013

Sunday 1.


Finally managed to take a picture of our one remaining siskin, a young male bird. He is on the left of the above photo. Two goldfinches on the right. Ann took the actual photo. We were breakfasting, and watching the birds through the window when this chap turned up. Ann was nearer the window, so I passed her the camera, she snuck up (note the americanism there, Lori) as close to the window as possible and took two or three photos of the birds. This was the best one of the siskin. A group of three turned up about three weeks ago, but only this one has been about for the last week or so.
  Confession here :- I've been trying to put this photo up for over an hour. Problems putting the photos from the camera into the computer, which got electronic hiccoughs of some sort. Solved about three different problems in a row, and eventually solved everything (I hope) by successfully (another 'I hope') doing a 'system restore' to two days ago.  Finally beginning to feel a bit more confident with this machinery. Fingers etc., crossed.  Being called upstairs - lunchtime I think. More later perhaps.

4 comments:

Crowbard said...

What Ho! Techy Nurdy Geeky Bruv. I say Ole Bean, Spiffin' good show - doin' a system restore with one hand whilst counting the random access memory on the digital digits of the other hand. Takes courage and elan, but you've always had them in spades.
Deeply impressed and a little gratified.
BruvC

Crowbard said...

Secokp 826

Unknown said...

Only a little gratified Brother? I was pleasantly surprised and VERY gratified at my eventual success.

P.s. What is Secokp 826? Never was much good at coded messages.

Crowbard said...

Ha! Wouldn't you like to know?...
So would I!
I had, on completion of the first comment, the impression that Bloggity-Blog-Blog-Blogger had rejected my attempt to decipher its illegible code combo so I courageously attempted to enter its next offering only to realise the infuriating 'security' system was merely preparing its next trap for the unwary in the guise of Secokp 826. - Bloogy-Blogger then proceeded to embarrass me by scornfully delivering this verification combination as if it were a comment! Soggity-Sog-Sog-Soggit to 'ellen bach!
Now it will want me to descry 'hey u giv 28440'