Thursday 28 March 2013

Thursday.



Earlier this week, I was  blogging, when I heard Ann coming down the stairs to the undercroft where I work. Then a flash went off and Ann had taken the above photograph. I reciprocated yesterday evening by taking the photograph of Ann knitting in the drawing room.

Now - two incidents I would like to record this week. On Monday evening we were playing scrabble. On my second turn I put down all seven letters on the word 'revenges' across TWO double word scores, and with the extra fifty points scored 98 points on that turn.  Despite this, Ann spent the rest of the game overhauling me, and eventually won the game by ONE point. The final score was 323 to Ann and 322 to me.  An excellent game.

The second incident I wish to record was that this morning we WALKED into town (the first time since I left Papworth).  We did a little very light shopping,  had a hot drink and scone apiece in one of the town's many coffee stops, this time at the Orangery on the Market Place, then walked home again. Doesn't sound much, but I couldn't have done it comfortably a week ago. Glad to say- no ill affects  other than slight shortness of breath and feeling a bit knackered - sorry ladies - slightly fatigued.

Ann's just walked into town again to go to a Maundy Thursday service. She was a little loth to leave me here alone, but assured me that she would leave her mobile 'phone on. I think she's worrying quite unnecessarily, but promised not to do anything too strenuous while she's out; and indeed I've been doing light jobs in the workshop, and, of course, typing up this blog entry.
       
          Good night All.

9 comments:

Rog said...

Wouldn't it be good if the next game you won by one point putting the word "revenge" down.
Glad to here you walking into town!ee

Unknown said...

Hello Rog. I must remember to do so , when I next win by a point. Actually- had my revenge this evening - won by nine points. P.s. Does Catherine play scrabble? If so; and when you come out this way, we could have a four handed game.
P.s. Walked into town again today, had a 'soupy lunch' with friends, and walked home. Getting easier!

Crowbard said...

Handsome photos Mike!
Glad you're remembering to breathe whilst you walk - complicated,gsiboute but it saves you from getting breathless. Seem to have lost the knack of it myself.

stigofthedump said...

You are making good progress! Apologies for lack of phone call, insanely busy this week, Lucy gone to Germany, usual sport stuff with Guy, mike working more than usual and work...I am working over Easter weekend (Sunday off) but working other three days boooo. Still, off to Devon next weekend for a proper break, really need it!
Keep up with the recuperation - reassuring for us!!! Thank you!! Stiggy x Happy Easter x

Unknown said...

Thank you Crowbard. Will 'phone and have a natter soon.

Unknown said...

Hi Sal. Yes, just begin to feel that I'm making progress. Good to hear all's well your end. I do wonder if I ought to be saying to you two :- "Try and take things a bit easier", but I'm sure you know your own business best. Looking forward to seeing you later this month.
Much love, the Parents, or rather the Grandparents.

Maggie said...

What a lovely photo of Ann, and a handsome one of yourself of course!Glad to hear you are feeling a little better.

Love to you both xxx

PixieMum said...

Very pleased to hear that you are getting better.

Looking forward to seeing you both in June.

Madeleine.

Crowbard said...

I see the dreaded combo verifications are sneaking into the body of my comments; 'gsiboute' is not the latest buzz-word on the street, just a nasty little verification monster trying to escape my hawk-eyed wrath!
... OK not as hawk-eyed as I should be... but then I've always been blind and batty without the gig-lamps.
Cheers-Ho.