Friday 5 April 2013

Friday.


Yesterday afternoon we walked into town, went to the surgery, and talked to one of the younger doctors in the practice. Most helpful and informative bloke. Cheered us both up no end.  Explained what had happened to my heart, then (and this is the important bit) told me that if I continued to make progress at the rate I am doing, I should, in six months, be back in much the same condition as I was immediately before the heart attack, provided I didn't have another one. Given the drugs I am on, he said, that is not likely.  Should have liked something a bit more positive than 'not likely', but he came across as a thoroughly straightforward young man, so the whole thing was reassuring.  As I said to Ann when we got outside "That should knock this nonsense about me retiring on the head".  She agreed (a little reluctantly ?)

This morning we walked into town and through our market place, quite a lot of stalls this morning considering the weather is still so cold. Above  photo is of a warm clothes merchant (opportunist!). The next ones are all food merchants :- baker, butcher, two fishmongers, and a green grocer, below.




On our way into Cafe Church, we checked an area where there are large patches of wild violets in the grass. Been watching this area for a week or so, but this morning they were out (see below). They are a good month later than last year!


After coffee (decaff  in my case yuck ! bleeurr!), and as Ann had several things to do in the Church Office,  walked home.  I counted up after I got home, and I'd had to stop SEVEN times on the way home to reassure concerned people as to how well I am now - quite tiring, but nice to be able to remind meself what a caring, and friendly little town we live in.   Must stop now - being called upstairs to supper.

6 comments:

Z said...

Glad you're doing so well.

Unknown said...

Thank you Z. It shed a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

Rog said...

Excellent Mike! And a proper market (albeit deficient to the tune of 1 candlestick maker).
I bet even the 16 wheel articulated car transporter drivers were stopping to ask how you are (sorry!)

Unknown said...

Thank you Rog.

Pat said...

Nothing like an encouraging chat with the doc. It really is worth persevering with all the things that will safeguard your health. (Embrace the decaff:)
I'm sure you will have excellent support from Ann but if I may suggest it is all too easy to make one's carer be the watchdog and none of us like to be a nag bag.
I'm sure you will be the model patient.

Unknown said...

Dear Pat, thank you for your VERY helpful comment - will try and luv the decaff a bit more. We both fully understand (and agree with)your middle sentence; but I'm afraid Ann burst into shrieks of disbelieving laughter at the idea of me as a 'model patient'.

Mem - must try harder Horner (shades of school reports).