Monday 16 December 2013

Monday.


                                         Above - first batch of Ann's mince pies this Christmas.

                                           ___________________________________________

And now for a bit of really good news :-

This afternoon we drove across to Ipswich where I was due for what I hope will be the final follow up appointment at Ipswich hospital regarding my heart attack in March. We met up with a Dr. Khan, a very well mannered young man, who explained everything very patiently and clearly. He did the usual tests, and advised me on the pills I shall have to take for the foreseeable future (which I think means the rest of me natural). Then, while I was rebuttoning me shirt, weskit, etc. he said :-
"I'm glad to be able to tell you that you're far too healthy to be in here, Mr. Horner", and gave me a clean bill of health.
Told you it was good news.

Good night All.

5 comments:

stigofthedump said...

Awesome news - a very good day indeed x calls for a celebratory mince pie me thinks?!

Crowbard said...

Glad tidings indeed Mike! Now you can take it easy whenever you please without feeling it is an imposition and without being outraged by lack of a free choice in the matter!
While we descend from a long line of berserkers, I feel it could have been longer (on an individual level)had we all given up on turning red and bellowing at the causes of our outrage whilst blowing smoke from our ears and steam from our nostrils.
Ho hum, not my job any more, there's a couple of new generations to do all that worrying and rectification stuff who probably see our outmoded agendas as entirely inappropriate.

Although I must confess I still sharpen the end of my walking stick and do bayonet drill every Thorsday afternoon!

Z said...

Wonderful news, best Christmas present you could have!

Rog said...

Hurrah! A doc telling you you're healthy is the best tonic ever! Get the passports out folks !!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you Stig, Crowbard and Z. As you say Z - the best Christmas present I could have had.
Rog, your 'Get the passports out Folks !!!!!' Do I take it you're all coming to visit Suffolk to help us celebrate? Well you'll all be very welcome!