Monday 21 July 2014

Monday.

Got home yesterday afternoon from our (more or less) annual visit to Denmark and Sweden. Took lots of photos with the new camera, but regret to admit that you won't see them, as the machinary refuses to print them on the blog..  It was a good journey (both ways) - took photos of seals sunning themselves on sandbanks just outside Esbjerg.  Bought reasonably well - two clocks, some nice treen, early brass, and, in Denmark some neolithic stone implements. Met up with Ruth, Lasse, the girls, and Nipa the dog, after which a good time was had by all. If I can find some knowledgeable person who will teach my computer to behave itself - then normal service will be resumed as soon as possible. Don't hold your breath though as I fear that - once again- this blog will now  have to continue in verbal form only- well pro tem anyway. Looking at things philosophically, that will leave me with lots of time for  work, i.e. cleaning and repairing the recently acquired hoard of goodies (and I shan't even be able to show them as 'mystery objects' due to the machine's misbehaviour!)      Very annoying.

6 comments:

Crowbard said...

Welcome Home both! Have you tried using the Neolithic implements on the computer? After all they probably have a high silicon content!
I look forward to seeing your photos when you have persuaded the 'pooter to stop being grumpy 'cos it didn't get to go on hols with you.

Tim said...

Assuming you can get the photos onto your computer, try opening Blogger in Chrome rather than IE and then proceed as normal (i.e. 'insert image' into your post). Worked for me.

Rog said...

Welcome back you gadabouts! Hope you can resolve the pics soon so we can see the seals and Neolithic thingies.

Paul said...

Somebody once told me that the answer to all questions computerly is "REBOOT" but I didn't believe them.

Lori Skoog said...

Sounds like a great trip to me! Let's hope someone can figure out how to load the pictures onto your computer...I want to see how everyone looks in Sweden!

Unknown said...

Thank you all very much for your advice. I didn't, although tempted, try Crowbard's advice, mainly because I value neolithic implements. However benn trying a good many suggestions (including some experimental ones of me own) and have managed to publish two episodes on recent Scandinavian visit. Please see Tuesday and Tuesday 2.