Friday 22 May 2015

Friday.


Took this snapshot of my favourite tree yesterday. It is a couple of miles out of town, on one side of a narrow, embanked lane. The other side of the tree the bank runs down to the river Brett. I showed a snapshot of the tree a few years ago. I wish I had known this tree sixty years ago. I could have done it justice then. I'd never noticed the face above the hole in the centre of the trunk. The face rather matches the tree's character.


This morning we walked into town, had a coffee, walked home via the Market Place. There's only about half a dozen stalls nowadays, but we usually stop and buy vegetables at the green grocery stall to the right of the snapshot, as they always have locally grown fruit and vegetables. Also, Ann says they give good value for money. They sell nice, fresh produce anyway.

5 comments:

Rog said...

I like the fact that you still have a favourite tree Mike

Unknown said...

I should think everyone has a favourite tree Rog. I know Ann's are an avenue of hornbeams either side the road a few miles out of Bury Saint Edmund's, travelling towards Brandon.
What's yours ?
And before you answer No I don't mean what are you drinking, but what is you favourite tree?

Z said...

Mine is the big oak on my drive. Sadly, a huge branch fell a couple of years ago and it is beginning its slow decline.

Unknown said...

We were always told that an oak takes three centuries to grow, another three centuries in its prime, and another three centuries in its decline, so I don't think you will see yours out just yet, Zoe.

Unknown said...

We were always told that an oak takes three centuries to grow, another three centuries in its prime, and another three centuries in its decline, so I don't think you will see yours out just yet, Zoe.